Sunday, December 11, 2011

Winter Wonderland

USC Aiken (the little local college here in Aiken) had a Winter Wonderland that they put on for the kids. I guess it was the various student groups and sororities that had booths set up. It was cute. There was a little hayride that went around the campus (yes another hayride, I tell ya South Carolina loves them some Hayrides this was my 4th one that I have been on) Santa was there, they had a faux ice skating rink, tons of cookies and candy, ornament making and Ty's favorite the "snow". They had big foam bubble machines set up all around to mimic snow and it dd a pretty good job. Ty had a lot of fun playing in it so the trip out there was worth it just for that. The bubble snow reminded me of the "foam parties" they used to have at a club when I was in college and they just filled the club with that nasty foam stuff and everyone got drunk. Ahhh good times but surprisingly I enjoyed this experience with the foam way more. The pictures are not great since it was dark and I couldn't figure out how to get my flash to work with my new lens, oh well.

Ty watching the ice skaters. I don't know what the rink was made out of or how it worked but it was some kind of hard floor and the kids used actual ice skates on it.






Ty was so excited about the cookies and candy I let him eat. His favorite was the pretzel sticks dipped in chocolate. He sucked off all the chocolate and threw down the pretzel. He also really liked the regular minty candy canes which I thought was kind of odd but that's my child. When given the choice between a cookie or an apple, the apple wins out every time. He's got a food pallet of a 70 year old.   

No comments:

Post a Comment