Sunday, May 8, 2011

Ty's 1st Birthday Party

This past weekend I threw my son his First Birthday Party. We did an old fashioned sock monkey theme and I was just so excited how it turned out I wanted to share it with you in case you're looking for an idea for a birthday party or even baby shower.
Here is his cake or cupcake stand acting as as a cake. I'm obsessed with cupcakes I did this at my baby shower too. I made the stand. Its from a bake shop and I covered it (like wrapping a present) with brown fabric and attached  the coordinating red ribbon.



I ordered the personalized cupcake toppers from this etsy shop.



Here were the favors. I got the gift tags from the same Etsy shop as the cupcake toppers. I ordered the Whirly Pop lollipops online for relatively cheap and just used some old vases from my wedding filled with various red candy to display them.


I made this banner. I bought coordinating paper at Michael’s and cut it out in a kind-of-flower shape.  I found some funky font in Microsoft Word and just printed out the letters, traced a circle around them and cut them out. Then I hole punched them and strung them all together with some blue and brown argyle ribbon that I found at Hobby Lobby. 







I hung Chinese paper lanterns from the ceiling. I ordered them from here.  Only a $1 a piece they were $12 at Hobby Lobby! I thought they added so much to the décor and were so cheap! 



I took a picture every month on Ty’s month birthday. I put him in front of my golden retriever to see his growth in relation to something. I used each one to make this poster dedicated to Ty.  I bought these wooden letters at Hobby Lobby and spray painted them red. Then to top it all off I added some ties made out of the blue and brown ribbon and wrote my favorite quote that I like to think of any time I want to cry about my baby already being 1 year old. “Don’t cry because its over, smile because it happened.” 
-Dr. Seuss




Oh and the sign above the table that says “Tyson is One” was supposed to be a high chair banner but I decided to hang it on the wall for people to see when they first walked in. I got it from here. (I love Etsy!!)




I bought a bunch of cheap black frames at Garden Ridge and spray painted them blue and red. The giraffe print ones were on sale for super cheap so I got those too because they were perfect colors. 


And finally I set up Ty’s old fashioned sock monkey holding some red balloons. Everyone loved this table of Ty.  


And of course no party would be complete without a cute, coordinating outfit so I had this sock monkey tie made by this etsy shop. How cute is it? I just loved it! 


I served macaroni and cheese (from Luby’s) Chicken Mcnuggets (McDonalds) and fancy grilled cheeses. All the usual favorite foods of a one year old. The adults loved all this food too because you know you secretly love all this but never have it because you’re too grown up. 


Ty had his own smash cake but I think was so overwhelmed by everyone staring at him and singing. He wanted nothing to do with that cake. 

So there it is, my first 1st Birthday Party. I love how it turned out and one day when Ty looks at these pictures he too will be impressed. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Cupcakes are looking yummy. I would like to bake yummy cupcakes for my daughter’s birthday. She will be one in next week, so gonna invite all my loved ones. Hope to arrange a beautiful party at Los Angeles venues. My friend has suggested this venue to me.

    ReplyDelete