Monday, April 16, 2012

Sunshine

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.

You make me happy when skies are gray.

You'll never know dear, how much I love you.

Please don't take my sunshine away. 

The other night dear, while I was sleeping
I dreamt I held you in my arms

But when I woke dear, I was mistaken

And I hung my head and cried.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray. You'll never know dear how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away. 

Here's a new series of posts I plan to do leading up to Ty's birthday featuring all of the songs I sing to him every single day at nap time and every single night to put him to sleep. I just want to remember someday all of his favorite songs that I sang while rocking him. The other day when I was rocking him to sleep it hit me that I don't have that much longer to do this and it made me sad. I want to be able to remember everything about our special time together, rocking and singing and him looking up at me with his sweet eyes and seeing that admiration and unconditional love that he has for me and him tucking his little arm up under my arm to get comfy right before he closes his eyes.  I will also try to get a series of good pictures for each song but since Ty literally runs away when he sees my camera out now that may be a bit hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment