Friday, October 14, 2011

No More Nursing


So yesterday was the last day ever to nurse Ty. I'm excited. I never liked nursing but it was what was best for Ty so I did it. Ty has never been a huge fan of nursing either, more of a necessity and not something he was ever obsessed with. He never asked for it and he really doesn't seem to miss it. I did it for so long because it made putting to sleep a baby who is already a horrible sleeper easy. Now its a lot more singing, rocking and deep squats to get him to sleep but thats ok. So many mothers loved nursing and for some reason that was just lost on me. I know I have a mom gene and I know I'm a good mom (or try my best to be) but a lot of typical "mom" things are kind of lost on me and I think that's ok at least I hope it is. I grew up with a parent who was so sympathetic and loving and caring and nurturing and one that was not (anytime we were sick the said parent would say get up and do some chores, you gotta work through a cold.) I, sadly, am more like that parent then the compassionate one. I love Ty so much and I am more sympathetic with him then my husband for sure (my husband is the biggest baby when he's sick or injured) but I am still a bit harsh with him and when he cries from an injury I pretty much tell him to shake it off. But here's the deal, I have sacrificed a lot for Ty and I don't care and thats so weird. I never could get when my mom would say that she didn't mind not getting new clothes because buying for us was just as much fun. What?!? I get it now though, totally. Ty dresses better then both my husband and I for sure. I have actually been buying clothes at Target and on Ebay and TJ Maxx. Cheap places that I would have never even glanced at while I was driving past them on my way to Anthropologie. I mean I used to know the employees at Nordstrom and J Crew before baby. We rarely ever eat out anymore and I'm ok with that too I have a husband who is an awesome cook. Anyway This was supposed to be just about giving up nursing but I kind of rambled but I've been feeling kind of down lately about not being the best parent. Ty is entering the terrible 2s a wee bit early (am I surprised? the kid did everything early, he's just so advanced) and he's been throwing fits and my temper has been short with him he even slapped me the other day in Kroger. I feel guilty about letting him watch too much TV but sometimes I just need a break. I love being a mom and while I may never be that super sweet wonderfully caring mom that my mom was I think since I had such a good teacher I may just be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment