Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Carving the Pumpkin

Let me start off by saying I have never carved my own pumpkin, at least in my adult life. I have a father who is semi-pro when it comes to that so I would think up and idea and he would carve it for me. Here's an example for you Ty's pumpkin from last year

See? Why would ever even try to compete with that?
Anyhoo this year I really had no choice but to carve a pumpkin myself. My husband said he would do it but that never happened so on Halloween night, I had to take matters into my own hands.
And as expected my pumpkin ended up looking retarded with a lazy eye.

Obviously my child was not impressed (what happened to the days of mom can do no wrong?!?) 


 First Ty took his shovel to the poor pumpkin. He started out trying to feed him but then it turned into trying to shove the shovel all the way in his mouth.
 


Then he took the top off and proceeded to try and fit as many of his toys that he could into the poor pumpkin.


And then as if that wasn’t enough torture for my pumpkin he started rolling it through his sand box.



Ah finally, he’s leaving and going to stop picking on my pumpkin.

Oh wait no he’s not, he just went to go find a stick to beat it with. 






Mean old Ty just did not like my first try at a pumpkin. When I went to go pick it up and move him to the front with a candle, I found a straw sticking out of his lazy eye.
See if I ever carve a pumpkin for him again. 

Look at Payton’s face. Doesn’t she look like she’s thinking “OMG what more can he do to this pitiful looking pumpkin. Squirrle!”

No comments:

Post a Comment