Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving

That certainly came and went quickly. It feels like it was just Halloween and now Thanksgiving is already over! I'm not a fan of Thanksgiving I don't really like the food and I don't like the fact that you're forced to fee yourself until you hurt it just feels so gluttonous. I do like what Thanksgiving stands for though its nice to stop and think about what you're thankful for and its awesome to get to spend time with family. As you know we were in Austin this year but my husband didn't come, he had to stay in SC with the dogs and I did really miss him but I was happy to see Oma and Opa and Mark. We had a nice, late meal (had to wait on Ty's nap and Dustin to get off from work). This wasn't Ty's first Thanksgiving (obviously) but it was the first one that he had teeth for so I thought that was kind of cool. Here he was last year

We had just gt to Kentucky like 3 days before so we had Thanksgiving just the 3 of us. I don't think my dogs had made it there yet. Then it snowed that night and the next morning I was able to score this picture for my Christmas cards

And we went and bought our Christmas tree while there was snow on  the ground!! I hated the cold winter we spent in KY (or I hated the weather at least) but there was something so awesome about decorating a tree  while snow was falling down outside like a snow globe. Then just sitting and looking at the tree in front of the window all decorated with the snow falling down outside, thats how I feel Christmas time is supposed to feel. But I digress...
Back to this year. It probably got up to about 80 degrees here yesterday while we ate our turkey but I had planned on Ty wearing his sweater vest for Thanksgiving and he most certainly did, despite the heat (don't worry I kept an eye out for signs of heat stroke, who said looking adorably cute was easy?)
Ty didn't eat a whole lot of the food at Thanksgiving dinner. My theory is he didn't eat it because all of it is just like baby food and Ty will eat nothing that even resembles baby food anymore. He also won't eat anything that I feed him, he's got to do it all himself. So here are some pictures from after dinner that I got. Mark took a bunch more and I'm even in them but I don't have those shots yet but will post them as soon as I see them.
















So that was our Thanksgiving (or at least what we did after the meal) I really am so thankful for my family I love them all so much! Oh and the on post on Facebook that I actually did as my "thankful post" was this...

On this Thanksgiving eve I figured I would tell yall what I'm thankful for and that is my husband. I try not to give him a whole lot of compliments because I don't want to give him the upper hand, you know let him think that I think the world of him, I would never say any of this to his face. I have the best husband in the whole wide world. I'm not the easiest person to put up with but he does and does it with a smile. He works hard so I can stay home with our child who is turning out to not only be super cute but a genius as well. I love him so much and I honestly thank God everyday that he's my husband. And that's all I have to say about that. Happy Thanksgiving to my adoring husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment