Thursday, January 12, 2012

Baby's 1st Threat



I wanted to post this story real quick before I forget. The other night for some reason Ty would not go to sleep and this is very unlike him. I rocked and sang for an hour to no avail. Then I tried laying him down and patting his back but that didn't work either and he just kept trying to get up and play with the blinds or his pillow. By now I was getting frustrated with him because I was so tired so I put him in his crib and left. I let him cry for maybe 7 minutes before going in to get him. Then I brought him back, rocked and sang a little bit more then put him in my bed hoping it would help. As soon as I laid him down, his eyes popped open and he tried to get up. So I looked at him and said, "if you don't go to sleep, you are going back to your crib. Do you want me to put you back in there?" and he looked at me with the saddest eyes I have ever seen and his little lip started quivering and he shook his head and said "no." I wanted to burst into tears right then but I  didn't and he laid his head down and went to sleep. It wasn't until the next morning that it occurred to me that Ty had understood and responded to his first threat. I remember I always used to wish that my dogs would understand "don't make me tell Patrick" because they're way more afraid of him then me but obviously they never did so now I'm kind of excited I can start threatening my child.

No comments:

Post a Comment