Monday, January 2, 2012

Good Bye Twenty Eleven


So 2011 is over and the new year has started. Welcome 2012! I wanted to do this post that I saw as a year end recap to kind of wrap 2011 up. I realize I still need to post on Christmas but since its New Years Day today I wanted to do this first before I forgot or the newness of the new year wears off.  We had a fun New Years Eve too that I will post more fun pictures and post on too, don't worry. Oh and somehow my child woke up this morning and knew all the colors and how to say them all but I will do a Ty update post too. Ok so here he we go
20 Things in 2011

1. What did you do in 2011 that you had never done before?
took a spin class, planned a 1st birthday party, shoveled snow
2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and will you make more for next year?
My main resolution last year was to blog more and I definitely kept up with that. I don't like resolutions though. I did lose almost 30 pounds of baby weight last year so if I had resolved to lose weight I could have checked that off my list.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes my sweet grandma Pugh passed away last month
5. What places have you visited?
Myrtle Beach (twice), Raleigh, NC, Lexington, KY, Atlanta, Augusta, Aiken, SC, Austin, Albany, New York City,  Southern Pines, NC Tuscaloosa, AL
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched in your memory and why?
May 21- Ty turned a year old
8. What was your biggest achievement this year?
Blogging I suppose. My other KY blog has a lot of followers and gets a ton of hits everyday. I even got paid for some advertisements this year. However, I've slacked recently on it and I need to try and get sponsors so I can make real money on it. Oh and teaching my child so many new things and showing him the world and taking him to experience new places and sites
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I don't think I was sick a single day in 2011. My child still has never had an ear infection or had to go to the doctor for anything but a well check. 
10. What was the best thing you bought?
Our new TVs. My husband has wanted a new tv for so long now and we finally got 2
11. Where did most of your money go?
My student loans
12. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Rainbow Connection (I started singing it to Ty every night to go to sleep and it was in the Muppet Movie I took Ty to)
13. What do you wish you would have done more of?
Going to church but I love my church in Austin so much, its hard to go to new churches while we're on the road especially in weird small towns where the baptist church seems crazy close to the snake handlers religion
14. What do you wish you would have done less of?
Been on my phone texting, facebooking, reading blogs
15. What was your favorite TV program?
Still only 2 shows that I must watch and those are The Office and Modern Family. The Office doesn't have Michael Scott anymore but I still like it. I also discovered a new show called Dance Moms that I love and any show on Food Network.
16. What was the best book you read this year?
I read mostly religion books this year and my favorites are by Max Lucado I really need to read more but its still hard to do with a baby
17. What was your favorite film of the year?
Harry Potter 7 part 2 makes me so sad when I watch it that its the last movie.
18. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
This year I turned 31 which I don't like because I'm not 30 anymore, I'm in my 30s. Boo. I didn't really do anything for my bday but Patrick got up early with Ty so I could sleep in and they got me IHOP for breakfast and I ate a bunch of cupcakes and UT lost to OU
19. What national/world event stirred you the most?
The royal wedding
20. Who was the best new person you met?
Um not anyone new but a lot of old friends from High School that I was able to reconnect with because of Facebook. I wish I would have never met all the nasty people here in Aiken but the people in Kentucky were super nice and fun. 




No comments:

Post a Comment